Times have changed, haven’t they? 20 years ago, you knew exactly where the person was when you called them on the phone. I guess that was the only advantage of having a landline. 😉
These days you call someone, and you could have no clue where they actually are … but somehow you get a connection. The waves find their way through the cloud. How cool is that?
Do you think Generation Z has ever used a rotary dial on a phone? Where I grew up, we didn’t have a phone, until the Wall came down in 1990. I am sure you can guess on which side of the Wall I grew up. If I remember right, only people with the “right” connections or with Diabetics could have a phone. (Surely, other diseases as well.) …. I guess we had plenty of invented diabetic people in the 80’s 😉
I remember when we finally got the phone. It was exciting and cool. You felt special when the phone rang, I still do now, hehe. I actually stayed at home waiting for a phone call. The obvious disadvantage of a landline. As I said, things have changed … I don’t have a landline number anymore. Mobile is the way to go.
Looks like I have outed myself now … I am not member of Generation Z 😀
Looks like after months of knowing about this issue, I finally attacked it and won. At least for one of my website I could fix the issue.
So, what was the issue?
I did get the following error You are using a feature that requires $cookie_domain to be set, but it is not set in your settings.php.
and it told me that I need to disable the quick-upload function etc. I am currently on Drupal 6.20 and all modules are up-to-date.
Adventurous as I am I started to google and found the always useful forum of the Drupal community. I really mean it … the Drupal community is great and very helpful.
So, what did I do to remove the error:
in my settings.php I enabled $cookie_domain = 'mydomainname.com';. By default this line is commented out.
then in the config file of editor/filemanager/connectors/php/ I added just under $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '' ; the following line require_once "../../../../../filemanager.config.php";
This actually made it working for me again. No error message and I can do this now for all my other Drupal sites.