Looks like after months of knowing about this issue, I finally attacked it and won. At least for one of my website I could fix the issue.
So, what was the issue?
I did get the following error
You are using a feature that requires $cookie_domain to be set, but it is not set in your settings.php.
and it told me that I need to disable the quick-upload function etc. I am currently on Drupal 6.20 and all modules are up-to-date.
Adventurous as I am I started to google and found the always useful forum of the Drupal community. I really mean it … the Drupal community is great and very helpful.
So, what did I do to remove the error:
- in my settings.php I enabled
$cookie_domain = 'mydomainname.com';. By default this line is commented out.
- then in the config file of
editor/filemanager/connectors/php/I added just under
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '' ;the following line
This actually made it working for me again. No error message and I can do this now for all my other Drupal sites.
Thanks to the Drupal community!