Since I have put the TV in the storage area, I have plenty more time to do some reading. However, it still feels like I don’t have enough time. Anyway, I discovered that I need a specific environment to read. Don’t you hate when I just started to read a good book and you need something to drink. Do you wait till the chapter is finished or do you interrupt the reading to rescue yourself? How about a skype message you heard popping up in the background … are you curious enough to check or are you one with the book and stick to it?
Here are my requirements I need to have the “perfect” reading environment:
- No talking in the background … that includes Personal Development audios
- Music without lyrics … otherwise I start listening to the text
- enough water … or I am running every 10min to get something to drink
- MacBook far away from me … or I am browsing
- Notepad next to me so I can take notes as soon as I have ideas