Thoughts of the day (edited)
- I am ok with getting up at 6am on a Saturday and doing some gardening
- it is not ok, that I did not my Yoga session and I did not write my blog, I am falling behind
- the presence of hubby is distracting … that is a challenge for me, to stay on track. Of course I want to have him at home, but it should not make me lose the sight of my/our goals
- it’s a very strong the feeling being judgmental, having an opinion about someone, so how to avoid to be judgmental?
Once you’re more aware, you can then stop yourself when you feel yourself being judgmental. Then move to the next step. Understand. Instead of judging someone for what he’s done or how he looks, try instead to understand the person
- When someone asks for my opinion, I am asked to be judgmental, no?
- everybody is thinking it, I am the stupid and naive one, who writes it in an email
- club with the tuvu girls – Tuvu Lewa
- talk to hubby about savings from his side, health, planning and goals
- get more structure at home (I think too much resting)
- zenhabits … here we go again
It is always an ever-growing or ever-demanding system. If you are doing a little today, you go to a next stage with more discipline, more love and more focus. And then the time will come when you will be able to have that echo in others; you will be able to create an impact in others.
Kamlesh D. Patel, Designing Destiny (2nd edn., 2016, unpublished), p. 0
I guess there will always be days like this. The challenge is to just keep going and not to give up.
Having goals is great, but implementing them is the challenge and staying on track. Even the own family can throw you out of the path sometimes. Have to plan this in.
Yes, I was judgmental again, but I keep fighting it. Maybe sometimes I just have to keep quiet. Above I have found some resources on how to avoid being judgmental. Good read, both of them. The challenge is, when people ask you for your opinion, do they ask you to be judgmental? Or maybe it’s again just a matter what words you chose. I need to extend my vocabulary, English and German, being aware of that both can have two different meanings.
We had the idea to set up a club here at Tuvu, will see if we can start it next week. Grog or no grog? Would be good to do some savings. Curios how this will go.
Saving and budgeting is something everyone should do. One should develop the discipline to do that. I do some savings already, but we need to set up a system for hubby as well. Not that easy when you get paid cash, the temptation to spend the money is there right away.
One of the links above is from zen habits. I used to follow that guys a couple of years ago. Was wondering what he is up to now, so I subscribed again, after I found him googling for my judging problem.
The definition of being judgmental is the title of today’s post … Excessively critical point of view. Looks like I have to soften up a bit. I also smell some habits I’ve got from my dad. Interesting journey!